Chris started his career as a Draughtsman some 40 years ago. He obtained a Higher Technician Diploma in Civil Engineering in 1986. 10 years later as Senior Technician in the Consulting Engineering industry, he went on to obtain a BSc. Civil Engineering degree in 1995 at a University in the USA. He has been registered as a Pr. Eng since 1998.
Over the past he obtained various certificates and diplomas in management and leadership and held Senior positions in the engineering industry as well as in business and engineering institutions locally and internationally.
Briefly to cite a few notable ones:
- Infrastructure Manager for both the Iron Ore and Coal Export Lines of Transnet;
- Executive General Manager in Aveng Infraset responsible for business in South Africa, Zambia a precast concrete manufacturing and supply company with operations in South Africa, Zambia, Swaziland & Mozambique.
- CEO of Consulting Engineers South Africa since 2015 to date.
His engineering institutional involvement over the past 25 years include:
- Past Vice President of the South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE),
- Past President of the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA),
- Past Vice President of The World Federation of Engineering Organisations
- Chair, FIDIC Directors & Secretaries Advisory Council (DNSAC).
- Board Member of Business Unity South Africa (BUSA)